Tuesday, January 21, 2014

choose your words

Greetings from California

so I flew in Sunday. Last Friday my mom was rushed to the ER here. Her updates are going to be on my other blog page ... As I work through this ...

today I want to share with you a fantastic God story.

late this afternoon I went to the drug store to pick up a few items for my mom before I headed back up to her house.

there was a homeless man and his mom & dog ... I stopped and gave him a couple dollars. A few weeks back I saw an amazing video about a homeless blind man that really affected me.

here is the link: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0QmxD3HZ2V0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0QmxD3HZ2V0#

so I thought that was it.

I got in the car and began to pull away. And then... Pulled back in. By now for sure someone would have thought I was crazy.
my mom is giving up smoking... And I had every intention of destroying the cigarettes I had found in the house .... But God laid it on my heart to give them the cigarettes (a whole carton). They were thrilled. They said they would sell them and have food for maybe a whole week or 2!

I also stopped and shared the Gospel using the Gospel bracelets and visited with them for a few minutes. They were surprised that I would do that especially when they asked me why I did and told them my mom was in the hospital.

the gentleman actually said he sometimes questions if God hears them and that he saw my kindness as an answer to prayer.

it's actually kind of crazy how God is using Frank & I separately this week. How HE is using me even though its the last think I expect.


No comments:

Post a Comment